Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (Pantry)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (Pantry)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 8 (6-inch) bamboo skewers (Pantry)
- 1 teaspoon + 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
Place chicken on the grill and close the lid (or cover loosely with foil); grill for 14–16 minutes, turning often until chicken is 165°F.
2. Meanwhile, remove tough root ends from the asparagus. Divide spears into 4 bunches and align each bunch in a flat row. Thread 2 wooden skewers crosswise through each bunch, forming a raft shape. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon oil over asparagus and place on grill; grill for 4–5 minutes, turning often, until tender.
3. Combine in a medium bowl: 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic and 1 tablespoon of each oil, soy sauce, and mustard. Remove asparagus from skewers and add to bowl; toss to coat.
4. Whisk preserves, green onions, sriracha, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon mustard, and 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic until blended. Brush 1/4 cup glaze over chicken during the last minute of cook time. Slice chicken; serve with asparagus and remaining glaze for dipping.
Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is important for several reasons:
- Maintains physical health: A healthy diet provides essential nutrients and vitamins that keep the body functioning properly and can help prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers.
- Supports mental health: Certain nutrients can help boost brain function and improve mood, helping to prevent or manage conditions such as depression and anxiety.
- Maintains a healthy weight: Eating a balanced diet that is low in calorie-dense and processed foods can help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Increases energy levels: Eating nutritious foods can provide your body with the energy it needs to function throughout the day.
- Supports overall well-being: A healthy diet can improve your overall quality of life and help you feel better both physically and mentally.